Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Welcome 2013 1st Year Liaisons!

The LMU-DCOM Student Advocate Association Executive Board would like to officially welcome our newest members! Thank you so much for your willingness and desire to serve, and we look forward to working with you both!!!



Melissa Terrell

Hello my name is Melissa Terrell and I would be happy to serve as the First Year Liaison for the SAA.

To tell you a little bit more about me. I am 31 years old and our family moved here from Nashville, TN. I am from a very close-knit family that all lives in the Nashville area. I have a BS degree from East Tennessee State Univ. I enjoy playing golf, practicing yoga and blogging in my free time. I love DIY projects, crafts, and using my creativity. Thanks to Pintrest I am never at a loss for new ideas! I am currently working on becoming a better cook now that our family is depending on me for all our meals. When we lived in Nashville we had big family meals with my parents a few times a week. I didn't realize then how good I had it!

My wife, Leslie and I have been together for 6 years. We were married in Provincetown, MA in 2011. We have two boys. Nathan is 13 and quite the athlete and keeps me busy running him to and from practices year round. Noah is 10 months old and such a blessing with his precious personality. He is always so happy and we couldn’t have asked for a sweeter addition to our family. I am a stay-at-home mom during the week but still work every weekend in Nashville at St Thomas Hospital as a respiratory therapist in the critical care unit. I truly love my job. I have such a passion for caring for the sick. I love being able to use my critical thinking skills and having the chance to make a difference in my patients lives.

I feel like I would make a great first year liaison because I am a very outgoing, organized and giving person. I love being active and giving back to the community. I served on the Board of Directors for the Middle Tennessee FutbolClub in Goodlettsville for 5 years as the secretary. In my 5 years on the Board my biggest accomplishment was working with another board member to establish a successful scholarship fund for players that were unable to afford our registration fees.

I plan on being a very active member for the SAA and helping to give back to the students as much as possible. I look forward to getting to know everyone as the year moves forward and would be happy to serve as the first year liaison for the SAA.





Chelsae Stauffer

Hello! My name is Chelsae Stauffer and I would feel honored to represent the amazing first years as their Liaison for the SAA. I grew up on a ranch in Tucson, Arizona and even though it was hard work, I loved it. After high school, I moved to Utah to go to dental assisting school where I worked for an Endodontist and met Chase. We married last June and just moved to Tennessee in July.

I have 3 older brothers and love playing Aunt to my nieces and nephews. I am very passionate about the welfare of others around me and try to help out where I can. I currently teach piano lessons and I love working with children. I have held many, sometimes demanding, church callings throughout my life. I feel that my experience with that can only aid me in being a Liaison for the first years.

Even though this journey will not be easy, I know that it will be worth it in the end. I feel that if we, as significant others to our students, come together and help each other out, this experience will be more doable and we will actually enjoy this journey. Thank you!

No comments: